Metric Male Female Standoffs
Metric Male Female standoffs are used to hold two components at a given distance from each other and are typically used in for mounting electronic components such as circuit boards, panels and other hardware. They are either hexagonal or cylindrical in diameter, have an opening with a partial internal thread at one end, and an externally threaded post at the opposite end. Threaded standoff fasteners can be hexagonal in shape for wrench tightening or cylindrical in shape. Metric Male-Female standoffs are used when one end of the component is internally threaded.
Wholesale Metric Male Female Standoffs
RC Fasteners and Components offers metric male female standoffs that are superior quality and come in a variety of options. Our 4.5mm Hex Male Female Standoffs and 6mm Hex Male Female Standoffs are available in two thread and pitch options and lengths from 5mm to 25mm.
Our inventory of quality, low price threaded spacers in a variety of materials and platings is bound to keep you coming back. Order your hex and round metric male-female standoffs today or contact us to learn more.
Threaded Standoff Fastener Material Options
- Aluminum is popular because of its light weight and durability. It’s non-magnetic, performs well in severe temperatures, and has insulating properties.
- Brass is used in making high quality standoffs and is conductive, resists corrosion and non-magnetic. It is costlier and heavier than aluminum and is usually plated zinc or nickel.
- Nylon is nonconductive and a good insulator with a surface smoothness that will not fray the insulation of wires that rub against it.
- Stainless has the advantages of brass but has superior resistance to corrosion and chemical fumes.
- Steel is used in applications requiring greater strength, but is heavier than aluminum and does not resist corrosion like aluminum, brass or stainless.