Adhesives are natural and synthetic materials that form a permanent or semi-permanent bond between objects or materials and resists separation. The physical and chemical properties of an adhesive can vary and impact the type of bond formed. Different types of adhesives include epoxies, glues, and other plastic-based materials used to bond plastic, metal, glass, rubber, ceramic and other substrates.
Where adhesives form a bond, sealants are used to prevent the passage of fluid between joints or through a surface. A common example of a sealant is silicone caulk, which is widely used in plumbing, construction and industrial sealing applications. Silicone sealants can be removable or permanent and can harden to consistencies ranging from flexible to rigid.
Adhesives and sealants have distinct properties and should only be used as intended. A sealant, for example, will not provide the same bond as a silicone adhesive and should not be used as a replacement. Different products also provide different properties, so it is important to select the silicone sealant or adhesive that meets the requirements of your application.
ASI Adhesives and Sealants Provide High Performance at Competitive PricesRC Fasteners & Components is an authorized distributor for ASI, bringing quality high performance adhesives, silicones and sealants to our customers at competitive prices. ASI adhesives are used in a variety of industries including: transportation, construction, industrial, window manufacturing, electronics and more.
We offer a range of ASI adhesives including those listed below. For specific information about an ASI adhesive product, please contact us or request a quote.
- Epoxy Adhesives: Options include one or two-part epoxies used for structural bonding of metal, glass and plastic. Solvent free and ideal for potting and encapsulating applications.
- Cyanoacrylate Adhesives: Non-flammable and fast-acting adhesives for use on wood, rubber, plastic and other materials. These ASI adhesives provide superior bonding strength and good resistance to impact and vibrations. Fast curing, super glue cyanoacrylate adhesives are also available.
- Methacrylate Adhesives: Designed for severe environmental conditions and provide a high level of tensile, shear and peel strength. These adhesives are solvent free, cure at room temperature and have good gap filling characteristics.
- UV Curable Adhesives: One part, solvent-free adhesives that cure with exposure to UV light. They are solvent free, non-flammable and will not dissolve, melt or weaken.
- Anerobic Adhesives: Solvent-free adhesives that cure in the absence of air and are ideal for use with metal parts. They provide a faster cure time and eliminate corrosion, vibration loosening and fastener fatigue.
Silicone Adhesives and Sealants for a Range of Materials and SurfacesSilicone includes a variety of heat-resistant polymers used in adhesives, sealants and caulk. The consistency of silicone before it cures can be rubber-like or liquid. Once it has cured, silicone caulk and silicone adhesives provide several characteristics including:
- Resistance to UV light, ozone and oxygen
- Low toxicity, chemical reactivity and thermal conductivity
- Thermal stability over a wide temperature range
- Inhibits microbial growth
- Insulative properties, including electrical
Need a custom or specialty item?
Fastener Specialists Today!
ASI Silicone Sealants, Silicone Caulk and Silicone AdhesivesWe offer a range of multi-purpose ASI silicone sealants including the Flex Silicone Series for use with ceramics, glass, wood, painted surfaces, masonry and more. ASI silicone products and applications include:
- Flex 1100 Silicone Sealant: Multi-purpose bonding and sealing silicone with good oil resistance.
- Flex 1200 Silicone Adhesive & Sealant: Designed for flange sealing and is low odor, low volatile, and provides good oil resistance.
- Flex 1300 Silicone Adhesive & Sealant: Multi-use product for potting, bonding, sealing, encapsulating and coating parts. Ideal for applications requiring high temperature resistance.
- Flex 1400 Silicone Sealant: Ideal for making formed-in gaskets, sealing ammunition fuses and coating mechanical devices. Contains no solvents and is low viscosity.
- Flex 1600 Silicone Sealant: Perfect for general sealing applications. Cures in the presence of atmospheric moisture and is permanently flexible.
Contact Us for Adhesives and Sealants for Any Application
Don’t see the adhesive, silicone or sealant you’re looking for? Hit the contact us button and send us your inquiry. ASI has the capability to do custom solutions and color matching to meet your adhesive requirements.