Standoffs and Spacers
Standoffs and spacers are fasteners used to connect, position and raise panels and PCB assemblies above other electronic components. Standoffs have a round or hexagonal shape with ends that are either internally threaded (female) or externally threaded (male). Spacers are cylindrical or hexagonal with an unthreaded interior that allows the entire bolt to pass through the center. Cylindrical standoffs and spacers can be easily tightened by hand and hexagonal standoffs are designed to be tightened with a wrench.
Custom Standoffs and Spacers Available in Various Lengths and Sizes, and in Materials Including:
- Nylon: nonconductive, insulative, protects wiring
- Steel: exceptional strength and durability
- Stainless steel: resists chemicals and corrosion, high strength-to-weight ratio
- Brass: corrosion-resistant, conductive, non-magnetic
- Aluminum: strong, lightweight, noncorrosive, non-magnetic, excellent temperature resistance
Standoffs and Spacers Product Selection
Custom Standoffs and Spacers from Leading Manufacturers RC Fasteners & Components offers premium quality circuit board standoffs in all materials and finishes. We maintain a large inventory of stainless steel standoffs, aluminum standoffs, brass standoffs, nylon standoffs, and more, at factory direct prices. Our circuit board standoff options include female standoffs, male-female standoffs, and swage standoffs in imperial and metric sizes.
Not seeing the fastener of your dreams?
Fastener Specialists Today!
Contact us to discuss your unique needs and learn more about custom standoff options.
Circuit Board Standoffs and Spacers for Computers and Electronics
Circuit Board Standoffs and Spacers Considerations for the Right SelectionCustom standoffs and spacers are offered in a wide range of sizes and lengths for electronics applications. There are several factors to consider when selecting your spacers, including:
- Thread type (also called gender): standoffs and spacers are offered in female-female, male-female and male-male configurations.
- Shape: cylindrical spacers and standoffs can be tightened by hand, but hexagonal standoffs must be tightened using a wrench
- Body length: this determines the amount of spacing between the PCB assemblies and components
- Body diameter and thread size: to ensure the spacers match your screw thread type and diameter
Request a Quote for Custom Standoffs & Spacers
With our huge inventory of custom standoffs and spacers and other precision electronic hardware, we have everything you need and more. Our customer service team has the knowledge and the know-how to help you find the right product for your application. We offer superior quality products and competitive pricing. RC Fasteners & Components is the number one source for circuit board standoffs.
Request a quote for custom standoffs and spacers today or contact us to discuss your application requirements.