Standoffs and Spacers
Standoffs and spacers are fasteners used to connect, position and raise panels and PCB assemblies above other electronic components. Standoffs have a round or hexagonal shape with ends that are either internally threaded (female) or externally threaded (male). Spacers are cylindrical or hexagonal with an unthreaded interior that allows the entire bolt to pass through the center. Cylindrical standoffs and spacers can be easily tightened by hand and hexagonal standoffs are designed to be tightened with a wrench.
Custom standoffs and spacers are available in various lengths and sizes, and in materials including:
- Nylon: nonconductive, insulative, protects wiring
- Steel: exceptional strength and durability
- Stainless steel: resists chemicals and corrosion, high strength-to-weight ratio
- Brass: corrosion-resistant, conductive, non-magnetic
- Aluminum: strong, lightweight, noncorrosive, non-magnetic, excellent temperature resistance
Custom Standoffs and Spacers from Leading ManufacturersRC Fasteners & Components offers premium quality circuit board standoffs in all materials and finishes. We maintain a large inventory of stainless steel standoffs, aluminum standoffs, brass standoffs, nylon standoffs, and more, at factory direct prices. Our circuit board standoff options include female standoffs, male-female standoffs, and swage standoffs in imperial and metric sizes.
Not seeing the fastener of your dreams?
Fastener Specialists Today!
Contact us to discuss your unique needs and learn more about custom standoff options.
Circuit Board Standoffs and Spacers for Computers and Electronics
- Female Female Standoffs have a round or hexagonal shaft with an internally threaded opening at both ends. Available in 1/8”, 1/4” and 3/16” diameters and lengths up to 1”. Thread sizes vary depending on style.
- Male Female Standoffs feature a hexagonal or cylindrical shape and have one internally threaded end and an externally threaded post at the other end. Available sizes for male female standoffs include 3/16”, 1/4”. 5/16” and 1/2” diameters and lengths up to 4”, depending on the style chosen.
- Metric Female Standoffs are hex-shaped with two internally threaded ends. They are available in 4.5mm and 6mm options in a variety of lengths up to 15mm. Thread and pitch dimensions vary depending on style.
- Metric Male Female Standoffs have a hexagonal shaft and are offered in 4.5mm and 6mm options with lengths up to 25mm. They feature an internal thread at one end and a threaded external post at the other end.
- Spacers are unthreaded fasteners with a cylindrical or hexagonal body. They are offered in 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” and 1/2” diameter options in various lengths up to 1”. Our spacers accommodate screws up to size 10.
Considerations for Selecting Circuit Board Standoffs and SpacersCustom standoffs and spacers are offered in a wide range of sizes and lengths for electronics applications. There are several factors to consider when selecting your spacers, including:
- Thread type (also called gender): standoffs and spacers are offered in female-female, male-female and male-male configurations.
- Shape: cylindrical spacers and standoffs can be tightened by hand, but hexagonal standoffs must be tightened using a wrench
- Body length: this determines the amount of spacing between the PCB and components
- Body diameter and thread size: to ensure the spacers match your screw thread type and diameter
Request a Quote for Custom Standoffs & Spacers
With our huge inventory of standoffs and other precision electronic hardware, we have everything you need and more. Our customer service team has the knowledge and the know-how to help you find the right product for your application. We offer superior quality products and competitive pricing. RC Fasteners & Components is the number one source for circuit board standoffs.
Request a quote for custom standoffs and spacers today or contact us to discuss your application requirements.