Industry Certifications and Quality Standards
Click the links below to view our current ISO9001:2015 Certification, Cage Code, Woman Owned Status
- ISO9001:2015 Certified (Cert #15835)
- US Department of Defense Cage Code #5L1T7
- Woman Owned as of March 1st, 2020
Benefits of Working with an ISO Certified CompanyISO 9001:2015 outlines the requirements for a company’s quality management system (QMS). These requirements can be applied to companies of any size, and within any industry. The five standard elements of certification requirements include:
- Quality Management System: Includes requirements for documentation, planning and determining process interactions.
- Management Responsibility: Outlining the general responsibilities of management.
- Resource Management: Methods for managing human resources and the work environment.
- Product Realization: Involves processes for all production steps from design to delivery.
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement: Performing regular internal audits of processes and taking corrective and preventative action.
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Consistent outcomes that are routinely measured and monitored
- Improved customer relations
- Better management processes
Our Fasteners and Components Are Manufactured Using High Quality StandardsRC Fasteners and Components, Inc. is a Worldwide stocking supplier of fasteners for all industries, including electronic components, certified aerospace hardware and CNC custom fasteners made-to-print. We are in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 Standards and our processes address all applicable statutory and regulatory quality management system requirements.
Our processes and product offerings comply with all customer requirements as flowed down on purchase orders or other such customer documents. The requirements in 8.3 Design and Development do not apply, RC Fasteners does not design and develop products or services. The requirements given in 8.5.5 do not apply in its entirety, RC Fasteners does not provide post-delivery support for our products and services.
Guidelines for Our ISO Certified Quality Management ProcessesRC Fasteners determined external and internal issues that are relevant to our purpose and our strategic direction and that affect our ability to achieve the intended result(s) of our business management system when determining our scope. We monitor and review information about these external and internal issues during our management review process.
When determining our scope, RC Fasteners considered:
- the external and internal issues referred to in 4.1 of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard;
- the requirements of relevant interested parties referred to in 4.2 of ISO 9001:2015;
- the products and services of RC Fasteners.
Processes and guidelines for our ISO certification are outlined below. Please do note hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding our industry compliance or process management.
Representation of The Structure of This International Standard in the PDCA Cycle
The PDCA cycle can be briefly described as follows:
- Plan: establish the objectives of the system and its processes, and the resources needed to deliver results in accordance with customers’ requirements and the organization’s policies, and identify and address risks and opportunities;
- Do: implement what was planned;
- Check: monitor and (where applicable) measure processes and the resulting products and services against policies, objectives, requirements and planned activities, and report the results;
- Act: take actions to improve performance, as necessary.
Risk-based thinking is essential for achieving an effective quality management system.
Understanding the Needs and Expectations of Interested Parties
RC Fasteners determined the following when determining our scope:
- the interested parties that are relevant to the business management system;
- the requirements of these interested parties that are relevant to the business management system.
RC Fasteners monitors and reviews information about these interested parties and their relevant requirements during our management review process.
REACH Compliance and RoHS Certification for Fasteners and ComponentsREACH complaint fasteners and RoHS compliant fasteners must meet specific requirements regarding the use and distribution of chemicals in the European Union. These requirements directly impact manufacturers and any company that distributes or resells a product. Learn more about the specifications below or contact us to address your specific questions regarding our REACH complaint fasteners and RoHS compliant fasteners.
Standards and Requirements for REACH Compliant FastenersThe Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a regulation of the European Union for the production and use of chemical substances. Under this regulation, all companies are required to register chemical substances that are produced in or imported into the European Union for the protection of human health and the environment.
Our REACH compliant fasteners meet all specifications of this registration by providing chemical information from manufacturers to our importers and customers.
Standards and Requirements RoHS Compliant FastenersThe Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) is a directive that originated in the European Union and outlines the restriction of 10 hazardous materials that are commonly found in electrical and electronic products. The goal of establishing these requirements is to address consumer waste by restricting chemicals that pose an occupational danger during manufacturing and pollute the environment.
For a manufacturer, distributor or reseller to meet RoHS compliance they must not utilize any of the hazardous materials that are banned under these requirements. The list originally contained six hazardous substances but was recently expanded to 10.
RoHS compliant fasteners are now required to be free of: Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls, Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers, Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate, Benzyl butyl phthalate, Dibutyl phthalate, and Diisobutyl phthalate. Per standards, the maximum allowable levels for these materials are 0.1% or 1000 ppm by weight.
Learn More About Our ISO 9001 Certified Company Standards
For more information on our BSM (Business Systems Manual) or any other quality related questions, please contact us: Attn. QA Department.